Psionic Angband - PsiAngband
Current version: 1.3.0 (10th June 2001)
Original author: Aram Harrow
Current maintainers: Jonathan Ellis
and Matthias Kurzke
Based on: Angband 2.9.2
Changes in PsiAngband 1.3.0:
- The codebase was updated to vanilla 2.9.2 (except for autoconf support)
- Cursed ego items are generated in a more sensible manner now.
- Objects with boosted damage dice are slightly more common.
- Rogues can set traps for monsters. This requires a "trapping kit"
as a trigger and something to "load" the trap with. This uses the
All scrolls, potions, wands, staffs and rods can be used (with the
appropriate trigger) as traps to confuse, poison, teleport,
genocide, ... unwary monsters.
But standing next to a trap with area effect will hurt the player,
There are also traps that shoot ammo: hidden catapults, bows and
Some monsters can disarm traps, and a monster that has disarmed one
of your traps will learn how to disarm all of them...
Ammo Traps can have (+hit,+dam) just like bows. They can also be
enchanted. All traps can have a [+AC] showing how hard it is to
There is also ego and artifact traps.
A note: If you use the "Disarm traps on movement" option, your own
trap will also be disarmed by moving into it. To prevent this, move
with "-"+ direction. (This is also good for using a trap door or
teleportation trap to escape from a vault.)
- A bookstore was added. The town will change to a new town, so don't
leave anything on the floor when you upgrade your savefile!
- Since several monsters changed their positions, some uniques might
get resurrected. Apart from that, 1.2.0 savefiles should work. Back
them up first, just to be sure, and if you encounter a problem, send
the 1.2.0 savefile to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll try to fix it.
- Searching and Pseudo-ID bonus combined to "Sensing". Amulets of Pseudo-ID
will be magically converted (read:hacked) into Amulets of Sensing.
- Psionic Foci are "*" now. Hidden gold is "$".
- Lots of new amulets were added, some of which give a rating boost and
are mentioned to cheaters. Some of these are also not good for
spellcasters ... and there's several other rather class-specific ego-items
- Priests should only use blunt or blessed ammo, or get a severe to-hit
- Being hungry no longer has effects on your speed.
- Potions of Infravision give +30 feet now.
- Adrenaline (as potions or as spell) is a *lot* better now, but too much
of it is still dangerous...
- Heavy Curses (such as on Calris) can't be broken by enchanting alone
anymore. But *Remove Curse* scrolls appear during stat gain now.
- Precognition should be less scummy than in 1.0.7b and more useful than
in 1.2.0 now.
- Some low-level psionic spells have a better damage/mana ratio now.
- Psionicists have more hitpoints.
- The spell and activation of clairvoyance don't detect objects anymore.
But *Enlightenment* still does.
- Revamped targetting for Telekinesis, Dimension Door etc.
- Summoning flags changed slightly.
PsiAngband centers around the new class of the Psionicist. Psionicists
do not use spells. Instead, they wield special items known as foci that
allow them to use incredible mental powers. There are also psionic
monsters to battle them.