Current version: a2.9.1 (1st October 2000)
Based on: Angband 2.9.0
New features in Angband a2.9.1 include the Wood-Elf race from
CatHAngband, "Turin mode" for players who want to play the hard way,
and various bugfixes.
Changes in Angband a2.9.1 beta
- Features from 2.9.1 too numerous to list here. Most features from
2.9.1 were included, with some notable exceptions including custom
activations and the Resistance spell.
- Fixed various 2.9.1 bugs.
- Took out all graphics and sound support.
- Added the Kobold race from GW-Angband to the info files, as well
as a Kobold shopkeeper (also from GW-Angband).
- Implemented level quests. These are not random, but customizable
through the q_info.txt file. Random quest generators are welcome.
Changes in Angband a2.9.0c
- Applied more standard bugfixes: display_scores, monadic_deva_graf,
- Moved the randart names back to names.txt. Massive cleanup of the
- Added a generic "use item" command (single quote).
- Pressing '>' while viewing knowledge saves the knowledge to a file.
- Farmer Maggot's "moan" lines have reverted to those of pre-Ben
- Player races now have a "pval" field.
- Disallowed multiple artifact ammo.
- Made many changes to main-emx.c, guided by Alexey Guzeev's version.
- Changed the teleport debug commands. Added an original-code debug
command for artifact creation.
- Fixed the 'screen dump' commands again - the screen dump was still
being shifted even with the fix, even with the "screen_dump" bugfix.
Fixed a spelling error and a grammatical error.
- Many very minor changes.
Changes in Angband a2.9.0b
- Fixed a bug in the new info file parsing - thanks to Bablos for the
Changes in Angband a2.9.0
- Fixed a line of object1.c that caused compile errors.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to bypass the auto-haggle sales tax
when selling an item priced out of range of the shop owner.
- Applied Julian Lighton's AI fail rate hack.
Applied the following other bugfixes: armor_value, temple_blessed,
store_pseudo_id, randart_load, repeat_command_pref, home_items,
refresh_recall_windows, wizard_flags, bash, screen_dump, easy_floor,
aggravate, recall_rubble, windows_validate, gcc_optimizer,
artifact_diggers, poisonous_food, wizard_reroll, birth_score_cheat,
hobbit_tiles, makefile.emx, repeat_open, object_description
- Per Elsairon's suggestion, the last 15 messages are dumped if you
request a character dump of your death.
- Artifacts and special ego item powers are identified in character
- There are two new birth options controlling dungeon rooms.
- There is a new 'target special monsters' command ($), and the
targetting mode has an option for marking a monster as 'special'.
- Added a character death menu similar to Ed Cogburn's.
- Applied Matthias Kurzke's ego-item generation patch.
- Added Ben Harrison's new X11 support files.
- Added Mark Howson's main-ami.c and Musus Umbra's main-acn.c with
several other Acorn support files.
- Added newer main-mac.c and graf-mac.prf files that support 16x16 tiles
- Separated the monster lore information from the monster race tables.
Now there is the potential for over 900 monsters, even without hurting
- Added a 'z_info.txt' file that allows users to customize the sizes of
the other '*_info.txt' files.
- Made player races, player history, shop owners, and race-dependent
price adjustments customizable.